My name is Cristin Albertson and I am starting a blog! It's a new year and I decided that this year I would actually try to shake things up for once. Writing has always been something that interested me, but I never thought that I was gifted with words. I can remember writing since I was young; stories about princesses and poems that tried to be a little too "rhymey". As an adult, I have no interest in writing a book. I have too many interests and too little time. Not to mention, I don't think I would have the patience or the ability to sit still long enough to write a full length novel. As such, I decided to start a blog. Like I mentioned earlier, I have A LOT of interests. As of right now, this blog is going to be vague in the sense that I am not limiting myself to writing about just one topic. With that in mind, I am new at this and I think that over the course of time, I will see what works for me and what doesn't.
As this is my first post, let me share ten random facts about me to help you get to know me.
- I am 27 years old.
- Harry Potter is my obsession. It has been since the books were being released and I think it will be until I am an old woman.
- I love to read... like a lot.
- I also love TV and movies. "Water cooler" talk one of the highlights of my days.
- I have 5 sisters, each very different and unique than the others.
- I also have one nephew and another nephew/niece on the way. Being an aunt is one of the greatest joys I have ever experienced.
- I like to consider the beach as my second home. I have been vacationing in Outer Banks, NC almost every June for the last 5 years. The countdown for my next trip always begins the day I have to leave for home. Also, Duck Donuts are the best and I eat way too many while I am down there.
- I have a B.S in Chemistry with a minor in Psychology. I will always love all things science.
- My favorite number is 8, my favorite color is blue, and my favorite animals are giraffes.
- As you can see from number nine, I do believe in using the "Oxford comma".
As of right now, I plan to talk about books, TV, and movies. These blogs may be in the form of reviews, "most anticipated" lists, news items I get excited about and decide to yell to the world, or monthly book wrap-ups. However, I am always up for suggestions. Blogging is very foreign to me, but it's also very exciting and challenging, and I am looking forward to the experience!